Welcome to McLeod Adult Education Centre! McLeod is an adult learning community that is dedicated to guiding each student toward success in their future.
As a school we value:
- Respect: We value a safe, caring, supportive environment.
- Growth: We value growth of the entire learner.
- Integrity: We value responsibility and having a strong understanding of curricular outcomes.
- Communication: We value clear and open communication.
What is the program delivery model?
We have two semesters at McLeod:
- Semester 1 runs from September to the end of January and
- Semester 2 runs from February to the end of June.
Courses are offered mornings, afternoons, and evenings. Our classes are in-person and teacher lead.
What courses do you offer?
To see our course selection for the upcoming semester, click here.
Who can attend?
We have a variety of students within our school. You can attend if you are:
- Are at least 18 years of age,
- Looking to improve your literacy skills, and/or
- Looking to earn high school credits
Can I graduate through your centre?
Of course you can! We offer the ability to earn a regular high school diploma or a Mature Student Diploma, depending on your needs.
What do I need to do to register?
You need to:
- Fill out our registration form. This can be accessed by clicking the Register Now! tab on our home screen.
- Get a copy of your transcript. You would need to contact your previous school to ask for an official one.
- Make sure that you have a piece of photo I.D. (drivers license, passport, permanent resident, etc.) as well as identification of address. You will need these when you come to your registration appointment.
What happens after I fill in the form?
Once you’ve filled out the registration, you will be contacted by our clerical staff to book a registration meeting. For this meeting you should bring your transcript, a piece of photo I.D., and your identification of address. In your registration meeting you can expect to be asked a few questions about your educational background and then, if needed, be given assessments for your skill level in Mathematics and/or English. These in-house assessments give us a rough idea of your skill level and enable us to place you in classes where you will have the best chance for success.
Are there any fees for attending?
There is no course fee for students working towards completing a high school diplomas. Program funding is provided by the Adult Learning and Literacy branch of Manitoba Education.
Do you have any alternative ways of earning credits?
Of course! The following options may be available to students and will be discussed during the registration process:
- Special Language Exams
- Community Service Credit
- High School Apprenticeship Program
- Recognition of Prior Learning
Interested in Registering with us?
Click HERE to fill out the form.