River East Transcona is a dynamic, caring and innovative school division where our teachers and staff dedicate their days to providing students with the education, guidance and services they need to learn and reach their fullest potential.
We are the second-largest division in the province, with about 16,500 students in 42 schools staffed by approximately 3,000 team members.
Located east of the Red River in the northeast quadrant of the city, we serve the urban communities of East and North Kildonan and Transcona, and the rural communities of East St. Paul and St. Clements. Our Ward 5 trustee, Michael West, represents the rural area of our school division.
Our committed, talented staff employs fair and consistent rules, open communication, attitudes of inclusion, a foundation of solid values and an exciting, full curriculum to help their students achieve their goals.
Our Divisional Framework
The River East Transcona School Division exists to educate students to be inspired, skilled, responsible citizens.
The River East Transcona School Division will be forward-looking, innovative, and service-oriented, offering superior, comprehensive programming to meet the emerging needs of our students and community.
To fulfil our purpose and in our journey toward our vision, the River East Transcona School Division is committed to provide relevant, progressive educational programming and supportive services in a safe, stimulating learning environment.
- We exist to serve our students and community.
- Everyone is unique and can achieve individual success.
- Individuals excel where there are high expectations and challenging learning opportunities.
- Everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Working together, we can make a significant difference in the lives of our students.
- People thrive in safe and caring environments.
- Teamwork and collaboration are essential skills for both students and staff.