Morse Place School is built on the site of one of the original schools in the
division. Salisbury School was opened in 1915. Morse Place Junior High was
opened in 1959. In 1992 the two schools amalgamated to form Salisbury Morse
Place. Student enrolment is approximately 550 students from kindergarten to grade 8. Salisbury Morse Place is a dual track English and French Immersion
School. An English program is offered from K-8 and a French Immersion program
- We are committed to the pursuit of academic excellence for all students in
an environment of cooperation, mutual respect and recognition of individual
- We strive to foster community and parental involvement as we promote
lifelong learning in a safe, supportive, caring atmosphere.
A mandate of Salisbury Morse Place School is to strive constantly to
enhance the learning environment. Academic excellence is our prime
focus, but we also attend to the building blocks of character.
Through daily interaction with students, as well as through special
events and assemblies, we encourage students to exhibit respect for self,
respect for others, citizenship, trustworthiness, responsibility, ambition,
determination, caring and fairness.
Philosophy and direction
At Salisbury Morse Place School we believe that:
- all children want to succeed and have a desire to learn.
- all children are entitled to a successful school experience.
- children differ in their interests and their needs.
- each child has a unique learning rate and style.
- success in school depends on a sequential and logical program.
- in helping others the children understand themselves, their peers, and
their relationship to society.
- in helping others the children realize their responsibility to
themselves, their families, their peers and their school.
The staff is dedicated to creating a wholesome, friendly,
non-threatening learning and teaching environment. It is our
overriding goal that our students will grow to be kind, courteous, polite and
organized individuals. The students are encouraged through their
actions to demonstrate respect for the rights of others and thus gain
Parents, this is an area we need to work on
Salisbury Morse Place School Motto:
"No deed of mine will ever bring
dishonour to this school."