Please check this page regularly for updates.
GRADE 12 - GRAD INFORMATION ASSEMBLY - MONDAY, February 24 during period 2 in the theatre.
Please be aware that we are shutting down the Remind App that we have
been using in the past years as an extra means of communication. The terms and
conditions have changed as of January 1st, 2020 and it requires us to pay a
$5000 annual fee for any group that is more than 200. We will continue to use
dialer messages, emails, assemblies, morning announcements, and TA meetings but
the school website is the best place to find up-to-date information.
Grade 12 is a time to
celebrate your time at River East
Collegiate. Whether you're the proud parent or the accomplished
senior, Jostens has all you need to commemorate high school achievements and
memories. Check out our Graduation rings and jewelry at www.jostens.com For questions please contact our Jostens representative Rob Ferrand at
204-222-2341 or email email@example.com
Grad Photo Retakes:
Monday, March 23 - Friday, March 27. Information will be posted at the beginning of March 2020.
Graduation Breakfast (Wednesday, June 17, 2020)
- The grad breakfast will be held in our school cafeteria beginning at 8:30 am. We expect the breakfast to last until 10:00 am.
- Ticket information will be announced.
- In addition to breakfast there will also be door prizes, Senior Poll Award Distribution, picture opportunities.
Graduation Garden Party (Thursday, June 25, 2020)
- 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at River East Collegiate
- Graduates need to arrive by 2 pm and go directly to the theatre.
- There will be seating for parents and family outside on the front lawn of the school. This reception for graduates, guests, and family is a terrific opportunity for photos and for extended family to see all the graduates dressed up in their finest.
*** FYI: 2020 Graduation Attendees/Celebrations-Manitoba Legislative Building
- If you plan to attend the Manitoba Legislative Building for photographs, you need to complete the form. Without prior approval, you will not be allowed into the building for photos.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol, cannabis or illicit drugs on the grounds is strictly prohibited. Persons displaying unruly behavior will be asked to leave the building and grounds immediately.
- Please review a 'Photographs booking form and booking guide'.
Attachments : (1) bookingguide.pdf (2) Booking Application - Photography Graduation.pdf
Grad Dinner & Dance (Thursday, June 25, 2020)
- Thursday, June 25, 2020 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre from 5:30 pm to 1:00 am
- Door opens at 5:15 pm and dinner is at 6:30pm
- Tickets are $95.00 - available online June 1 - 13, 2020 (dates subject to change, please check website regularly. Please be reminded that all outstanding debt must be cleared in order to purchase grad tickets. Safe grad forms can be handed in May 5 - 8 in the front foyer of the school. Late fee of $25.00 will be applied if the form is handed in later than May 8.
Parent Volunteer Sign Up
We are seeking parent-volunteers for REC Grad
2020 committee. If you are interested in chairing the following committees,
please contact Kristine Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event could not be a success without your help. If you could donate your valuable time to REC Grad 2020 events for our deserving REC graduates please contact the parent chairs below.
Parents volunteers Sign Up link https://forms.gle/bGfGq88GQd1J4xR27
|Committee||Volunteers Required||Responsible for....||Parent-Chair||Email|
|Silent Auction|| 2-4||Raise funds and items for the silent auction, and run the event the night of grad dinner and dance||Ines Rendulic|| |
Sign in and out
|FULL||Organize and run the signing in and out of students to their designated driver||Darlene Hedgecock|
|Supervision/ Chaperone|| 48||Supervises the graduates during the graduation dinner and dance|| Corinne Engel |
|Fun Casino|| 26||Organize and run the "casino" fun event after the dinner||Marlow Reimeremail@example.com|
|Breakfast|| FULL||Organize the grad breakfast event at the school cafeteria||Kathleen Tiede|
|Garden Party|| FULL||Arrange/decorate the afternoon Garden Party event at the school||Staff Chair: Mrs. Bernardin|
- GRAD ENVELOPES - REPORT CARDS
When grads return their gowns following the ceremony they will be each given an envelope which will include copies of: Manitoba Provincial Diploma, a final high school transcript and any other certificates and acknowledgements that the student has earned.
If you have any questions regarding Commencement please contact the school.