Please check this page regularly as new information will be added throughout the year.
Important TA meetings: Wednesday, February 27 and Thursday, March 7, 2019
Information that will be shared at these meetings include: booking your March 7 appointment time with your TA, grad tracking verification, diploma and graduation name check, Gaspard Cap and Gown sizing and contracts, yearbook quote sheet, Commencement statement, parent letter regarding Grad and Commencement and important dates calendar, scholarship and award application, grad photo retake information, grad theme survey, senior poll, exit interview questions. It is vital that all students attend these meetings as a great deal of important information will be shared with students regarding graduation activities and Commencement details.
Graduation Breakfast (June 14)
- The grad breakfast will be held in our school cafeteria beginning at 8:30 am. We expect the breakfast to last until 10:00 am.
- Tickets are $10.00 each and can be still purchased during May 7-10 in front of the school office during lunch hour.
- The menu will include scrambled eggs, bacon, waffle with whip and fruit topping, variety of baked goods, fruit, coffee, and juice. (**** vegetarian/vegan: inform at the time of ticket purchase)
- In addition to breakfast there will also be door prizes, Senior Poll Award Distribution, picture opportunities.
Graduation Garden Party (June 25)
- 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. at River East Collegiate
- Graduates need to arrive by 2 pm and go directly to the theatre.
- There will be seating for parents and family outside on the back lawn of the school. This reception for graduates, guests, and family is a terrific opportunity for photos and for extended family to see all the graduates dressed up in their finest.
*** FYI: 2019 Graduation Attendees/Celebrations-Manitoba Legislative Building
- If you plan to attend the Manitoba Legislative Building for photographs, you need to complete the form. Without prior approval, you will not be allowed into the building for photos.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol, cannabis or illicit drugs on the grounds is strictly prohibited. Persons displaying unruly behavior will be asked to leave the building and grounds immediately.
- Please review a 'Photographs booking form and booking guide'.
Attachments : (1) bookingguide.pdf (2) Booking Application - Photography Graduation.pdf
Grad Dinner & Dance (June 25)
- Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at the Winnipeg Convention Centre from 5:30 pm to 1:00 am
- Door opens at 5:15 pm and dinner is at 6:30pm.
- Tickets are $95 each and will be available for purchase online from 1:00 pm on Tuesday, June 4 to midnight on Thursday, June 13 at https://rec.inviteright.com/grad2019
- In order to purchase tickets online, graduates complete a Safe Grad Contract (Designated Driver Form) and submit it to the front foyer between Tuesday, May 7th and Friday, May 10th during lunch hour. Forms will need to be verified by the school once submitted.
- A late fee of $25 will be applied if the form is handed later than May 10th, 2019.
- See the '2019 REC Grad Dinner & Dance Ticket Purchase Information' sheet for further details.
Attachment : 2019 Rec Grad Dinner & Dance Ticket Purchase Information 2019 REC Grad Dinner Dance Ticket Purchase information.pdf
Parent Volunteer Sign Up
We are looking for parent volunteers. This event could not be a success without your help. If you could donate your valuable time to REC Grad 2019 events for our deserving REC graduates please contact the parent chairs below.
Parents volunteers Sign Up link https://goo.gl/forms/VQdpIBNcRTI1u9gH2
|Committee||Volunteers Required||Responsible for....||Parent-Chair||Email|
|Silent Auction|| ||Raise funds and items for the silent auction, and run the event the night of grad dinner and dance|| Christel Hildebrandt|| email@example.com|
Sign in and out
| ||Organize and run the signing in and out of students to their designated driver|| Susan Zuk|| firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Supervision/ Chaperone|| ||Supervises the graduates during the graduation dinner and dance|| Jackie Martin|| email@example.com |
|Fun Casino|| ||Organize and run the "casino" fun event after the dinner|| Donna Nuessler|
|Breakfast|| ||Organize the grad breakfast event at the school cafeteria|| Jennifer King|| firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Garden Party|| ||Arrange/decorate the afternoon Garden Party event at the school||Jackie Matheson|| email@example.com |
*** SILENT AUCTION DONATION***
We will be running a silent auction at the Convention Centre. We are looking for donations of goods to use in gift baskets or monetary donations. Cheque can be payable to River East Collegiate. We hope that you will be able to help out our grads. Please indicate student name, parent name, and contact information so we can properly recognize your generosity on the day of event. We greatly appreciate your support in advance.
- GRAD ENVELOPES - REPORT CARDS
When grads return their gowns following the ceremony they will be each given an envelope which will include copies of: Manitoba Provincial Diploma, a final high school transcript and any other certificates and acknowledgement that the student has earned.
If you have any questions regarding Commencement please contact the school.