Robert Andrews School is a developmentally responsive middle school in River East Transcona School Division. Our school is located in East St. Paul, Manitoba and is home to approximately 250 students in Grades 6-8. Our learning community is vibrant and strong due to the commitment of our staff and students to excellence in teaching and learning, social and emotional development, and democratic citizenship.
We help our students grow and develop through our commitment to a middle years philosophy that meets the unique and diverse needs of young adolescents. Our middle years philosophy ensures that all students are successful through a challenging and integrative curriculum that is framed around a wide range of meaningful teaching and learning strategies. As students progress along the outcomes they are closely supported by a Homeroom Teacher, their team of classroom teachers, specialist-teachers and the student services team.
"With each and every day we all should leave here better than when we came in."
Beliefs and Expectations
We believe that:
- education is the foundation of responsible citizenship
- students grow through challenge
- students can succeed when they feel safe, respected, and take responsibility for their own learning
- learning is a life-long, personal process
- a strong home-school partnership is critical for positive student development
We expect all members of our learning community to:
- model respect for self, others and property
- be treated with dignity and respect
- take responsibility for their choices and the resulting consequences
- work toward developing a safe and friendly school environment
- come to school ready to be active learners