Neil Campbell Nutrition Policy
Neil Campbell School promotes healthy eating and active living through our food programs, nutrition education and physical education. Children need healthy food and physical activity for growth and development. The school environment must support this learning by promoting nutritious food choices. To this end, the following recommendations have been established to guide staff and students of Neil Campbell School.
- Our school will offer milk for sale to students and staff during each lunch period. Soft drinks will not be sold to our students.
- School groups will be encouraged to offer healthy lunch choices on special lunch days.
- School Staff will be encouraged to promote active living choices throughout the school year.
- Staff will continue to choose incentives other than food for classroom/student rewards.
- School community members will be encouraged to bring Heatlhy snacks for class parties.
- School wide fundraising will not rely on the sale of non-nutritious foods.
The Neil Campbell Nutrition Policy is guided by school division and provincial policy and documents. These policies and guidelines do not apply to lunches which students and staff members bring from home.