Parents and students can contact any counsellor at 958-6460. At school, students are asked to fill out an appointment slip in the guidance office and slide it under the counsellor’s door and we will call you down as soon as possible. Students are encouraged to remain with the counsellor they have chosen for their four years at Murdoch MacKay.
Ms. Kristin Mann-Simpson - email@example.com
Mr. Greg Zubricki - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Wes Warren - email@example.com
Students have the right to speak to a counsellor in confidence, unless there is a reason to believe the student may harm himself/herself or someone else, or if it is ordered by the courts to release information. Counsellors are required by law to report any incidents of abuse or suspected abuse.
Students/parents can access the following counselling services:
· Personal counselling
· Academic counselling:
- Course selection(s)
- Entrance requirements for post-secondary institutions
- Support for obstacles that may be preventing school success
- Alternate school placements
· Career counselling
· Referrals to outside agencies
· Job and volunteer opportunities
· Award/financial information for post-secondary training