MMC Grad 2019
When: Monday, June 24th, 2019
Where: Centennial Concert Hall
Time: 9:30 am
GRAD DINNER & DANCE and SAFE GRAD PARTY
When: Friday, June 28th, 2019
Where: Canad Inns Polo Park – Ambassador Ball Room and TYC Event Centre
Doors Open: 5:00 pm
Dinner and Speeches: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Dance and Fun Casino: 9:00 pm – midnight
Safe Grad Party: Midnight – 5:00 am
Cost: $80 - $90 per person
Safe Grad 2019 Parent Committee
The first meeting of the SGPC was held on September 17th. Please click HERE to view the PowerPoint presentation given by the Co-chairpersons, Monica Woods and Lloyd Fridfinnson.
To volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Information for Graduates
Grad 2019 Co-chairs: Amy Slobodian, Karli Le Clerc and Mady Rollwagen
All graduation forms and fundraising information/distribution will be discussed during bi-weekly (every 2 weeks) TA meetings. The 2019 Grad Committee has set up Instagram accounts. Please follow for up to date grad information: @MMCgrad2019 and @MMCdresses2019
What is Safe Grad?
- Safe Grad is a PARENT-RUN event to ensure graduates have a safe, accident-free and incident-free graduation celebration.
- Safe Grad is under the control of the Manitoba School Boards' Association, Manitoba Public Insurance, and Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries.
- As such, our Safe Grad Parent Committee must abide by the rules set down by Safe Grad Manitoba. The two primary rules for Safe Grad are:
- No grad and no guest will drive to or from the event.
- No one under the age of 18 will consume alcohol.
How Can I Help?
- PARENT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
- Committees include: Volunteer Co-ordination, Ticket Sales, Check-In, Security, Telephone, Sign-Out, Baggage, Fun Casino and Medical
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to volunteer
Who Can Attend the Grad Dinner & Dance?
- All MMC 2019 grads and potential grads
- Each grad may bring one guest plus his or her adult family members
- Guests do not have to attend MMC
- All guests, parents and family members pay full price for tickets
- Fundraising cuts the cost of the event for all grads
- MMC grads' ticket prices are reduced by the amount they raise according to the following formula:
|Fundraise $1,000 = 100% discount|
Fundraise $750 = 75% discount
Fundraise $500 = 50% discount
Fundraise $250 = 25% discount
- Magazine Subscriptions – Catalogues distributed Sept. 11; Orders Due: Sept. 27 and 28 in the tunnel at lunch, or online.
- Mom's Pantry – Order Forms distributed September 25; Orders Due: October 9 & 10 in the tunnel at lunch, or online.
- Sobeys/Safeway/IGA Gift Cards – Order forms distributed September 25; Orders Due: October 9 & 10 in the tunnel at lunch.
If you have questions about fundraising and other details about the Safe Grad dinner and dance, please contact Ms. Monica Quiring, Teacher/Grad Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. For information on Convocation, please contact vice-principal Mme. Michelle Williams at email@example.com.