- one "required" English
- one Mathematics
- 3 next best marks
2. Half credit courses are not included in the average.
3. Distance Education, Online, Special Language and non-repeater summer school credits may be included.
4. Any failures or marks under 60% disqualify students from receiving Honours.
5. The minimum average for Honours is 80%.
6. IB courses and regular courses are considered different and separate courses for the purposes of calculating Honours. (EG) English 40S, English 42S and English 42A are different courses and can all be used in the individual calculations.
Awards of Recognition Criteria
1. Students will be nominated by their subject teachers based on individual courses in three different categories:
Award of Excellence (Top Mark)
Award of Distinction (Second Highest Mark)
Award of Merit. (Third Highest Mark)
2. Each subject area will have 3 recipients. For Example: Math 40S Pre-Calculus will have 3 Award Winners based on the marks for all students who have completed Math 40S Pre-Calculus. The same will hold true for all grade levels.