Welcome to our school
Welcome to the library and to our program of information literacy. We
believe that every student should have the skills necessary to navigate in
today's information-rich society. Determining research needs, recognizing and
selecting appropriate resources - whether print or online, and managing the
information are fundamental skills needed for successful academic
Cecilia Hawkins (Library Technician)
Katie Williams (Teacher Librarian)
Library is closed to in-person browsing for the 2020-21 school year, but
we are happy to provide you with materials through our online request system with in-school classroom delivery or contact- less doorway pickup. Please see below for information on
reserving items from our collection.
Getting Material from the Library ("Placing a Hold")
· Visit Search Our Library
· Log in using your school username and password
· Search for items you would like to reserve. Click the title of the item you want.
· Press the "Hold It" button and follow the prompts until you see a confirmation
· A tutorial for placing holds is available through the Library (or your ELA teacher). Send a Teams message to Library staff for a link!
· If you have a purchasing suggestion, item request, or need help-contact the Library staff (Ms Williams and Mrs. Hawkins) through Teams.
· Borrowing Period – 3 weeks
· Up to 5 items per student - additional items may be requested, but are not guaranteed
· To renew items, please contact Ms Williams or Mrs. Hawkins on Teams
· Lost items will be charged to the borrower at the cost of replacement
Flipster Digital Magazine Subscription
· The Flipster App available through Apple and Google Play provides a smooth user experience and is highly recommended. Add Kildonan East Collegiate as your library.
· If you are unable to use the app, you can access our subscriptions to by clicking this link to Flipster - Digital Magazines.
· The username and password are available from Library staff members (send us a Teams message!), or you may ask a teacher to contact us on your behalf.
Other Digital Subscription Services
The KEC Library subscribes to a variety of print, audio and video services. A "KEC Student Resources" document is available by request, listing all services available and providing students with the at-home credentials.
Our most popular resources include:
· Curio (a catalogue of CBC, BBC and National Geographic videos)
· TeenBookCloud (eBooks and audio books)
· World Book Online (an ecyclopedia)
· EBSCOHost (a database of scholarly journals)
About Our Library