Welcome to our school
Welcome to the library and to our program of information literacy. We
believe that every student should have the skills necessary to navigate in
today's information-rich society. Determining information needs, recognizing and
selecting appropriate resources - whether print or online and managing the
information are fundamental skills needed for successful academic
Cecilia Hawkins (Library Technician)
Katie Williams (Teacher Librarian)
Library will be closed to in-person browsing for the 2020-21 school year, but
we are happy to provide you with materials! Please see below for information on
reserving items from our collection.
Getting Material from the Library ("Placing a Hold")
· Visit (Search Our Library) [https://library.retsd.mb.ca/common/servlet/presentloginform.do#openinnewwindow]
· Log in using your school username and password
· Search for items you would like to reserve. Click the title to view more information or proceed with a reservation.
· Press the "Hold It" button and follow the prompts until you see a confirmation
· A tutorial for placing holds is available through the Library (or your ELA teacher). Send a Teams message to Library staff for a link!
· Borrowing Period – 3 weeks
· Up to 5 items per student
· To renew items, please contact Ms Williams or Mrs. Hawkins on Teams
· Lost items will be charged to the borrower at the cost of replacement
*NEW* for 2020 - Flipster Magazine Subscription
The Flipster App available through Apple and Google Play provides a smooth user experience and is highly recommended. Add Kildonan East Collegiate as your library.
If you are unable to use the app, you can access our subscriptions to by clicking (this link to Flipster - Digital Magazines)
The username and password are available from Library staff members (send us a Teams message!), or you may ask a teacher to contact us on your behalf.
About Our Library