Kildonan-East Collegiate's Mission Statement
- provide a quality education within a safe, supportive environment.
- challenge all individuals to discover and develop their personal strengths.
- assist students in becoming successful, contributing members of society.
- foster a spirit of lifelong learning.
The following statements reflect
the views of parents, staff and students regarding those ideas that form the
cornerstone of education at Kildonan-East Collegiate.
- Education creates an informed citizenry, a necessary requirement for
- Effective education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff
- Individuals excel when they participate fully in a variety of challenging
- Each individual has the potential to succeed.
- Positive learning experiences occur in a safe and supportive environment.
- Respect provides a foundation for positive learning.
- An enriching and inspiring educational environment supports diversity and
- Effective communication forms the basis for all educational
The purpose of Kildonan-East is to develop a community of informed and caring
individuals who are academically, socially, emotionally, and physically prepared
for responsible participation in an ever-changing dynamic world. We believe that
all students strive for excellence, and we place great emphasis on producing
higher caliber graduating students.
In order to achieve this purpose, we
believe that the student's welfare must be of highest priority. Therefore, the
educational system must address the needs of the students that it is designed to
serve. We are committed to a comprehensive program that accommodates these
unique needs and changing interests of our diverse student body. Kildonan-East
provides educational programs in an invigorating atmosphere that fosters skill
building, problem-solving, creativity, and critical thinking. The school
promotes learning processes that cultivate self-awareness, individual worth,
tolerance, and respect for others.
Kildonan-East provides a wide range of
academic and technical programs that emphasize development of individual
potential and prepare students for post secondary institutions and employment.
The school strives to develop graduating students who will become good citizens
and who contribute to the welfare of others in our democratic society.
believe that students must be provided with an appropriate array of
opportunities which encourage student participation and involvement in the
decision-making process. Only through the continued involvement from students,
the staff, and the community, can Kildonan-East realize its desired goals.