Our school has two full time resource teachers. These teachers organize the extra help and services that many of our students need. Referrals to the Resource/Special Education Program can be made by teachers, parents or the children themselves. They also meet with students.....
- individually and in groups about their concerns
- in decision making and problem solving skills
- to enhance their self esteem & work on social skills
They consult with parents, paraprofessionals, teachers, administrators and support services about a student's behaviour, attendance, academic progress, personal and social development.
- resources to meet student needs
- referrals to divisional and/or community services
- interaction between community and school