1. To provide an intensive and individualized academic and treatment program to students who have difficulties functioning in a regular or specialized placement in their community school.
2. To provide a detailed assessment to facilitate the development of a treatment plan specific to the educational, emotional, behavioural, and social needs of each student.
3. To assist students, through the development of an individualized treatment plan, to acquire adaptive skills, improve their interpersonal relationships, increase their motivation to learn, develop self-control, and enhance their self-esteem.
4. To ensure that students are offered the joint resources of Knowles Centre and River East Transcona School Division in a manner that aims to facilitate a successful transition to a community-based school or community based programs.
5. To network with other agencies and institutions in the community that affect the lives of the students and their families.