Welcome to John G. Stewart School
Arrive on time at 8:45 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Enter and exit the school building through the FRONT doors in a timely and appropriate manner (wipe shoes or boots).
Proceed to his/her assigned locker and store personal belongings and outerwear.
Students entering the school with cigarettes and lighters will be required to store them at the front office.
Students should dress appropriately for the season. Sleeveless or midriff t-shirts, short shorts or skirts are not acceptable.
Report to his/her assigned classroom with the necessary school supplies and completed homework.
Permission to leave the classroom is required at all times. Students leaving the building during the school day should check in at the front office.
Follow school expectations during the noon hour, enter the building at 11:50 a.m. accompanied by unit or program staff and participate in the activities as scheduled.
To contribute to a positive school environment, students will:
· Respect and honour the safety and personal space of others
· Demonstrate tolerance and consideration for others
· Work to the best of his/her ability and allow other students that right
· Deal with issues in a timely and positive manner
· Accept and follow direction from any adult within the school setting
· Move through the building in an orderly manner using appropriate language
· Be prepared each day to participate in classroom and school activities