Programs & Services
Harold Hatcher School provides an English language program covering all the provincial curriculum areas. Our students receive music and physical education as a regular scheduled part of our programs. Our French program consists of basic French in grades 4 and 5. Students also have opportunities to develop computer skills in our two computer labs, which has supervised Internet access for all computers.
Our school is a Technology for Today's Teaching School. The purpose of the project is: " To intergrate technology into every teaching and learning environment in ways thatare useful and productive to students, teachers, administration and parents."
The school is equipped with special needs facilities to accommodate students with various special needs.
The delivery of education at our school includes:
• A safe, responsible and caring learning environment
• Recognition that each and every person is an individual
• Development of student leadership skills
• Use of a wide variety of teaching styles, including the teaching of multiple intelligences to deliver the curriculum and challenge students
• Programs that support cognitive, social-emotional and life skill development
• Resource programs to support individual academic needs
• Inclusion of special needs students
• Communication with parents on a regular basis, as well as three formal reporting periods
• Involvement of parents in the daily life of the school
• An active school community council
Our school has a daycare which offers a before-and-after-school program from 7 a.m. to school entry time and 3:20 to 6 p.m., as well as full days during school in-services. The daycare also offers services to children that attend the kindergarten program.
There is also a supervised lunch program during the school lunch time. Governing bodies set the fees charged for these programs.