The student body is divided into four teams that becomes their house league for the entire school year. The purpose of the league is:
- To promote school spirit through an active lifestyle at Hampstead
- To promote acceptable standards of behaviour and positive relationships
- To encourage participation in a wide variety of activities
- To encourage quality performance, positive self-concept, and respect for others
- To encourage participation in and enjoyment of physical activity and fitness
Special clubs are offered to different grades at various times during the year. They take place before or after school, at lunch, or during recesses. Activities are offered by staff, as well as the phys-ed department.
Field trips are arranged to support curricular goals and as celebrations for special occasions.