The Emerson Lunch Program (ELP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing our students with a safe, caring, respectful environment where parents/guardians may choose to have their children supervised over the lunch break. The program is administered by the Emerson Lunch Program Steering Committee, a group of volunteer parents. The ELP steering committee employs the lunch program co-ordinator, treasurer and supervisors to support the program. Please see Documents & Forms for the Emerson Lunch Program registration form.
This is a parent-run fee-for-service program for children who must remain at school for lunch. Here are some important points regarding the program:
- Students are responsible for their own lunch and drink.
- The program is run by paid supervisors. To cover the costs, fees are paid by the parents of the students who use the lunch program or by the division for the bussed students that the division is obligated to transport.
- A registration form must be completed and submitted with the registration fee. It is important to notify the Lunch Program Coordinator of any changes to be made on the registration form throughout the year.
- A non-refundable fee must be paid upon registration and before a student is to use the program. This fee is used to assist in funding the program. Details about the fees for the year are sent out at the beginning of each year.
- Staying for lunch is a privilege and all students must follow the rules of the lunch program as well as the school rules. Failure to comply with these rules may result in losing the privilege of remaining in the program.
- There is no lunchroom program on in-service days or holidays. Students will not be charged for days lost due to illness.
Any questions, concerns, or comments about the lunchroom should be directed to the Emerson lunch program co-ordinator at the school 669-4430.