We appreciate you referring to and following the information that is listed in student agendas as we work together to keep our students safe. Please review the information, below, which outlines the designated pick up/drop off zones. Thank you in advance for your help in this area.
PARENT DROP OFF AND PICK UP AREA
"Safety Over Convenience"
SAFETY FIRST: We understand the frustrations many of you encounter while dropping off and picking up your children at school. This problem tends to peak in the winter, when more parents are driving their children to school. To improve the situation we are providing parking and pick up information. Please use common courtesy and LOTS OF PATIENCE when dropping off or picking up your child.
THE STAFF PARKING LOT IS NOT SAFE FOR CHILDREN
Important Safety Rules To Remember
- Always drop your children off on the school side of the road or drop off zone, not into oncoming traffic.
- Have your children USE THE SIDEWALK to enter school property. (Position "4" on map)
Children must never be in the staff parking lot
Parking Area by the School
1. West side of Henderson Hwy - No Parking.
2. Both sides of the median – No Parking allowed.
3. East side of parent drop off (by sidewalk) - Parking allowed.
4. Place for students to wait until parents arrive.
5. East side of Henderson Hwy North of exit and no parking sign - Parking allowed.
6. Staff parking lot – No Parking allowed.
7. Sidewalks - No Parking allowed.
DROP OFF AND PICK UP AREA
A "pick-up" and "drop-off zone" is available in front of the school for your convenience. It is located to the west of the bus loop.
It is important to proceed to the stop sign at the north end of the drop off before allowing your child to leave the car. Parents need to talk to their children about staying by the North gates (position 4 on map) until the parent arrives. Do not have your child wait on the sidewalk by the pick-up area. It is much safer to wait inside the fenced area of the school.