Parent/Student PortalOffice365WebmailStaffReset Password
River East Transcona School Division
creating student success

PLEASE NOTE:Due to COVID-19, kindergarten registration will be by appointment only. Please contact your child's school to schedule your appointment. 


Registration packages are available at all schools and on their websites under Documents & Forms > Registration. 


View our list of schools 


  • When do I register my child for kindergarten?
    If your child is five years old on or before December 31, they are eligible to register for kindergarten. 
  • How do I register my child for kindergarten?
    Kindergarten registration begins the first Monday in March at your child's designated school. Please bring proof of age (such as: birth certificate, Manitoba Health Card, baptismal certificate, passport, INAC status card) and two pieces of ID showing proof of residency (such as: driver's license, Manitoba Health Card, utility bill.) 

    Our school locator is a web-based guide that identifies your child's designated school. Simply type in your street name or postal code and follow the prompts to see your child's early, middle and senior years school, as well as your designated schools for language programs. 

    Once you've determined your designated school, visit the school’s website to find their registration package on the home page under Documents & Forms > Registration. Be sure to fill in all pages of the forms. If you are unsure of your designated school or have problems filling out the forms, call our Administration Offices at 204.667.7130 or the designated school, and we'll be happy to help you. 
  • When are your information evenings?
    A divisional information evening is held each year in January to provide information about kindergarten programming. We also hold information evenings in February to help you learn more about the language program choices available for your child. Watch for advertising about our information evenings on our website home page.  

    PLEASE NOTE:Due to the ongoing pandemic, our information evenings have been cancelled. In their place, we have created and posted informational videos, above and on ourTransportation page, and we recommend parents contact their child's designated school directly if they have any questions that have not been answered by the videos. 
  • How do I apply for Schools of Choice?
    Under the provisions of Schools of Choice, students can apply to attend any public school in the province. It doesn't have to be their designated school and it doesn't have to be located in their own school division. 

    Do you live within RETSD but want your child to attend a school other than their designated school? 
    If so, begin by filling out the student registration form for your child's designated school. Then, download, print and complete the In Division/Out of Designated School Boundary application included in the Schools of Choice brochure (link below), and deliver it, along with the student registration form, to your designated school. Schools of Choice applications will be accepted in late February or early March; be sure to call the school in mid-February to get the exact date. 

    Do you live outside of RETSD but want to register your child to attend a school in our division? 
    Application forms for out-of-division students are available at any RETSD school or at our Administration Offices, 589 Roch St. Applications are received at the selected school at the beginning of May. 

    PLEASE NOTE:The Schools of Choice brochure contains the In Division/Out of Designated School Boundary application, but applications for out-of-division students must be obtained from an RETSD school. 
  • Where can I find information about summer school?
    Register here! Or Call the McLeod Education Centre at 204.667.6193